Five Things we didn't know about Lemon Hart last week.
1. Lemon Hart's first name is derived from the name "Lehman".
2. The Lemon Hart trading firm was formally established in 1804 in Penzance, Cornwall.
3. Lemon Hart was grandson of one Abraham Hart, who travelled to the West Indies in the 1750s to set up his rum importing business.
4. In 1811 Lemon Hart moved operations from Cornwall to West India Dock, London.
5. By Lemon Hart's death in 1845, the Royal Navy was taking almost 100,000 gallons of his rum annually.
This bottle dates from the 1950s and is a fine rum!